Cacao Exchange Rates
Who needs fast-food chocolate when they can have our natural little treasures?
Life is a riot. Sweet.
Or, use them like the ancients for purchasing turkeys (6 beans) or other commodities.
- One good turkey hen is worth 100 full cacao beans, or 120 shrunken beans.
- A turkey is worth 200 cacao beans.
- A hare [jackrabbit] or forest rabbit is worth 100 cacao beans each.
- A small rabbit is worth 30 cacao beans.
- One turkey egg is worth 3 cacao beans.
- An avocado newly picked is worth 3 cacao beans; when an avocado is fully ripe it will be equivalent to one cacao bean.
- One large tomato will be equivalent to a cacao bean.
- A large sapote fruit, or two small ones, is equivalent to a cacao bean.
- A large axolotl [larval salamander, an Aztec delicacy] is worth 4 cacao beans, a small one is worth 2 or 3 cacao beans.
- A tamale is exchanged for a cacao bean.
- A fish wrapped in maize husks is worth 3 cacao beans.
Reference: Naked Chocolate